Tuesday 11 October 2011

EXPERIMENT 2: The Analytics Engine 
Week 05- First draft of my Analytics Engine & Review



In this flowgraph I have successfully been able to link the rotation of the shutters to a key being pressed. As you can see when the np_7 key is pressed, three seconds later shutters move to 180 degrees which is 90 degrees from their original rotation position of 90 degrees. As the shutters only move on one axis I have realised if they have been rotated before being placed in the static position, this becomes their starting rotation angle. 

For example if the starting rotation angle is 90 degrees and the shutter is flat, then to make the shutter move vertically open, 180 degrees needs to be written in the x axis, even though its only moves 90 degrees. This has been aided by the help I have received from my tutor. I think this could definitely be developed. This has been aided by the help I have received from my tutor. I think this could definitely be developed into a more complex flow graph where different angles could directly correlate to xml data.  

As the shutters only move on one axis I have realised if they have been rotated before being placed in the static position, this becomes their starting rotation angle. For example if the starting rotation angle is 90 degrees and the shutter is flat, then to make the shutter move to be vertically open 180 degrees needs to be written in the x axis. HUD messages have also been linked so that all changing data can be represented in relation to the changing angle. This has been aided by the help I have received from my tutor. I think this could definitely be developed into a great way to analyse data. My analytics engine from this point is slowly progressing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment